General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Who we are
QualyFly as a trademark of EDUPLANET LIMITED is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 07608248. Whose registered office is 124 City Road, London EC1V 2NX
Tel: + 44 (0) 7500 961362
EDUPLANET LIMITED is the “data controller” of any personal data it may collect, process and hold about you, unless we inform you otherwise.
What personal data do we collect
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, date of birth, address, and information you give us when you contact our customer services team or when you engage with our social media platforms or website (for example by tagging us in a post.)
If you are using a mobile device and browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and another portable device information.
How we collect this information about you
Information you give us
We collect information that you provide to us regarding:
- Engaging with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
- Advice line calls
- Registration and attendance at our conferences
- Subscription to our e-newsletter
- Registration during the exhibitions
- Any query that you send to us
We do not receive or hold any personal information relating to our members, or other users of our services, from other sources.
How we use your information
We will process your personal information in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws and regulations, for the following reasons:
- to provide you with services as part of your interest (such as being able to use the advice line and content on our website)
- to provide you with the information that you have asked for (such as the e-newsletter)
- for internal administrative purposes
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations in relation to requests from statutory agencies (such as the Information Commisioner’s Office, police, HMRC, etc)
- to notify you about changes to our services and/or benefits
- to respond to any specific questions or administer any specific area of activity that you have consented to
We do not:
- analyse your personal information as part of any profiling
- use any kind of automated decision-making
- make use of any other additional external information about our clients, either obtained directly or via third parties
- pass this personal data onto any third party unless it is necessary to carry out the service you have requested
- use any personal data collected for a different purpose as to those indicated above
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area («EEA»). It may also be processed by persons operating outside the EEA. If we do send your personal data outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient implements appropriate measures to protect your information. By submitting your details, you agree to this transfer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Who has access to your information
We allow our staff or those representing EDUPLANET LIMITED to access and use your information for the purposes for which you have provided it to us (such as administering the services you have subscribed to). Any third party agencies engaged by us to carry out our services are carefully selected and required to demonstrate compliance to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act (DPA).
We will only share your sensitive information with third parties where it is directly relevant to the services you have requested. We would expect your data to be treated with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
Furthermore, we may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of EDUPLANET LIMITED or others.
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been handled, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us.
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it.
Security and retention of your personal data
Security of your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls, policies and measures to keep your data secure and keep these measures under close review. Furthermore, we protect your data by using encryption techniques, and we use other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your data is protected and only accessible by co-workers who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. We also ensure that there are strict physical controls in our premises which restricts access to your personal data to keep it safe.
Retention of your personal data
We have procedures in place regarding our retention periods which we keep under review taking into account our reasons for processing your personal data and the legal basis for doing so.